Rosita: Debate about Abortion
January 22, 2006 Sunday 2PM CT
Countries in Latin America have some of the most restrictive abortion policies in the world. Some are so severe that even a nine-year-old girl who was raped could not receive one. This hour, on Here on Earth, join Jean Feraca and her guests for a discussion of "Rosita," a documentary about a child's struggle for reproductive rights.
- Barbara Attie, producer of "Rosita"
- Anu (ah-NEW) Kumar (koo-MAR), executive director of Ipas, a watch-dog organization for women's reproductive rights.
- Gina Sardi, translator for the documents used in the making of "Rosita"
Soundbites and Music Used in the Program
- Sumi Tonooka - Song title unknown - Music taken from the film Rosita - Attie and Goldwater Productions
- Guardabarranco - "Colibri (The Hummingbird)" - From the album Dias De Amar - Redwood Records
- Guardabarranco - "Perdoname y Adios (Forgive Me and Goodbye)" - From the album Casa Abierta - Redwood Records