Medieval Spain's Golden Age of Enlightenment
May 1, 2005 Sunday 2PM CT
Between 711 and 1492, Christians, Jews, and Muslims lived side by side in medieval Spain and forged a golden age for each faith, making Spain the continent's commercial and cultural center while Europeans elsewhere were mired in the Dark Age. This hour on Here on Earth, Jean Feraca and her guest talk about the wisdom, hope, and lessons that the medieval Spain offers to our modern age troubled by religious strife and division.
- Chris Lowney, author of "A Vanished World: Medieval Spain's Golden Age of Enlightenment"
Soundbites and Music Used in the Program
- Strunz & Farah - "Laleh" - From the album Stringweave - Selva Records
- Yair Dalal & The ALOL Ensemble - "Adon Haslichot" - From the album Silan - Amiata Records
- Yair Dalal & The ALOL Ensemble - "Acco Malca" - From the album Silan - Amiata Records
- Strunz & Farah - "Shamsa" - From the album Stringweave - Selva Records