This hour on Here on Earth, Radio Without Borders, Jean Feraca talks with a Nigerian novelist about a story of tradition and modernity, political desire and personal liberation.
Music Used in the Program
- Helon Habila, Nigerian novelist, author of "Measuring Time"
- Obo Addy - "The Shores of Elmina" - From the album The Rhythm of Which a Chief Walks Gracefully - Warner Brothers/WEA Records
- Habib Koite and Bamada - "Kanawa" - From the album Mali - Putumayo World Music
- Moussa Diallo - "Maninda" - From the album Mali - Putumayo World Music
- Ali Farka Toure with Ry Cooder - "Bonde" - From the album Talking Timbuktu - Hannibal Records