For Thursday, April 2, 2009 Show with Paul Kinzer
Information about the International Year of Astronomy, especially '100 Hours of Astronomy'
International Year of Astronomy homepage for the USA: http://astronomy2009.us/
"100 hours of Astronomy" - Site includes links to worldwide events, including science center webcasts, and
'Around the World in 80 Telescopes': http://www.100hoursofastronomy.org
Some organizations with events around Wisconsin:
For other events in your area, a good place to look is skyandtelescope.com - scroll down the
column on the left side, and under community, click on 'Clubs & Organizations'.
- La Crosse Area astronomical Society: Saturday, April 4th in Riverside Park, between the bandstand and the river; Solar viewing from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Evening viewing from 7:00-11:00. http://www.laxastro.org
- Winona State University Astronomy Club: WSU Observatory, 3rd floor, Minné Hall, Evening viewing on Saturday, April 4th, from 8:30-10:30 pm. http://course1.winona.edu/jlanderson/
- UW Madison and the Madison Metropolitan School District: A series of events from April 2nd-5th. Space Place home: http://www.spaceplace.wisc.edu/index.shtml . News release about 100 Hours of Astronomy events: http://www.news.wisc.edu/releases/15171
- UW-Milwaukee: Manfred Olson Planetarium, Physics Building, many events from April 2nd-5th. http://www4.uwm.edu/planetarium/100hours.cfm
- Wisconsin Astronomy (a consortium of observatories in Wisconsin), links to events around the state: http://www.wisconsinastronomy.org/events.html